Join the women of Gospel Life Church as they dive deep into the Word this summer, embarking on a 9-week study through Jen Wilkin’s “Sermon on the Mount.” The study will be held on Monday evenings at Community Christian Church, from 7-9PM, beginning on June 6.
Date // Topic
- June 6 // The Kingdom of Heaven
- June 13 // Who is Blessed?
- June 20 // A People of Influence
- June 27 // “You Have Heard that it was Said.” Part 1
- July 11 // “You Have Heard that it was Said.” Part 2
- July 18 // Secret Righteousness
- July 25 // Where Your Treasure Is
- August 1 // Judges, Givers, Gates and Trees
- August 8 // A Foundation that Endures
About Sermon on the Mount…
“In His sweeping depiction of kingdom citizenship, Jesus utters some of the most familiar passages in all of Scripture. Most of us have only encountered the Sermon on the Mount in fragments, considering its subdivisions as complete teachings in their own right- a study on blessedness; a reflection on the Lord’s Prayer; a discussion of religious devotion, money, ambition and relationships. But what if we navigated these three chapters in Matthew as they were originally heard: as one cohesive, well-ordered message, intended to challenge us to think differently about what it means to be a follower of Jesus, a citizen of the kingdom of heaven? This nine-session study will give you the opportunity to do just that. Come and learn from Jesus, just as His disciples did.”