As we mentioned at our Sunday Gathering this past weekend, we have been searching for opportunities to provide assistance to the town of Wimberley. We believe we’ve found a good opportunity working with the Samaritan’s Purse U.S. Disaster Relief organization.
Opportunities are available to work a full or half-day. Please read through the details below, RSVP, and leave a comment indicating if you’ll be working a full or half-day. I can then work with the volunteer coordinator to let her know how many volunteers to expect and when.
To RSVP via The City, please click here: http://bit.ly/1cMeTA5
– Volunteers can work a full-day (7:30AM – 4:30PM) or half-day (12:30PM – 4:30PM).
– Arrive a few minutes before the start time to register. Orientation will begin promptly at 7:30AM for the full-day and 12:30PM for the half-day.
– Volunteers working a full-day should bring a bagged lunch and water.
– Volunteers working a half day should have lunch beforehand and bring water.
– All volunteers should wear pants, close-toed shoes, and bring work gloves, safety glasses, sunscreen, a hat, and any other desirable protective gear.
– Coordinating t-shirts will be provided by Samaritan’s Purse.
If you have additional questions, please contact me or visit: http://spvolunteernetwork.samaritanspurse.org/hays-county-flood-response/
There is no need to register online via the Samaritan’s Purse website as we will register in person on the service date.
We hope you’ll take this opportunity to serve the families and individuals affected in Wimberley.