As the COVID-19 situation continues to develop locally, we wanted to take a brief moment to update you all on our current response. As your pastoral team, our desire is to lead responsibly, safely, and with consistency. As you can imagine, the current season has made this a challenging endeavor, however, we pursue it nonetheless.
Given the dynamics of the pandemic and its effects, below are some key points that will help you understand our trajectory for the near future. Our hope is to continue to plan as we are able, yet remain nimble in light of ever-changing circumstances.
As it relates to our Sunday Gatherings, our plan is to continue to hold in-person services as long as we are able. Here are a few bullet points to help you understand what those currently look like:
- In utilizing helpful measures from Gov. Abbott’s plan, “Open Texas,” we continue to limit the size of our gatherings to 50% of our sanctuary capacity. This does not include volunteers, nor children in our children’s ministry.
- In light of the above bullet point, we are continuing to ask that you RSVP for each Sunday that you plan to attend. You may RSVP via the registration links we provide each week on Realm, Facebook, and our website.
- In seeking to provide a safe gathering space, we have reduced the rows of chairs in our sanctuary and spaced them out to maintain proper “social distancing” recommendations. We ask that you please remember to keep two seats between your party and other parties on Sunday mornings.
- In seeking to cheerfully submit to local authorities, we are upholding The City of New Braunfels’ ordinance to wear face coverings in public/commercial environments. With that, we have updated guidance below:
1. Face coverings must be worn upon entering the church building.
2. We ask that you keep your face coverings on the entire time you are in the church building, including when entering, leaving, during worship, coming up for communion, and any time you move about within the facilities. The only exception we will make is allowing for face coverings to be removed during the preaching of the sermon, when individuals are settled and able to maintain proper social distancing.
3. Please remember, per the city ordinance, anyone 10 years and older is required to wear a face covering.
4. Face coverings will be required as long as the city ordinance is in effect (at this time, until August 1).
5. Per the city ordinance, face coverings will not be required when wearing one poses a greater “mental or physical health, safety, or security risk.”
At this time, the only children’s ministry class we have available is Gospel Tots. With the changing circumstances, we are unable to say when we will resume with our remaining children’s ministry classes. However, in order to keep our Gospel Tots class consistently open, we need your help. Due to COVID-19 and varying convictions on personal safety, we are very low on children’s ministry volunteers. If you would like to serve during this season to help keep this class open, please contact our Children’s Ministry Director, Leah Carlisle at [email protected] Your assistance during this season would be invaluable to her, her team, and the families of Gospel Life Church. Please remember, you must have attended Gospel Life Church for at least 6 months before you are able to serve in our children’s ministry. A couple of bullet points on our Tots class:
- The capacity of our Tots class will be limited to give children adequate spacing and will also be limited based on volunteer availability.
- If you plan for your child to attend our Tots class, please remember to RSVP via the separate Tots class registration link each week, which is posted on Realm.
Communication & Care
We recognize that this is a difficult season for many. We encourage you all to continue to participate in your Gospel Communities, whether online or in-person, as they are a vital means of maintaining relational support within our church. In addition, please know that as your pastors, we are here for you. While we are endeavoring to be proactive in reaching out, if you need us, please do not hesitate to call, text, or fill out an online Connection Card.
Lastly, please know we are so grateful for your generosity during this season as it has enabled us to carry on the ministry of Gospel Life Church. For those of you that normally give via our Sunday Gatherings, you may utilize this link to make your donations: Give. Or, you may mail your checks to:
Gospel Life Church
P.O. Box 311198
New Braunfels, TX 78131
We are so thankful for you all and we hope and pray the Lord is continuing to sustain you all during this season of uncertainty. We encourage you to trust in God’s goodness, His love for you, and His sovereignty over all things as these are intertwined to bring about your joy and His glory. Point one another to those truths.
GLC Elder Team