Good evening Gospel Life,
I wanted to communicate with you briefly about our plans related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). As of today, we ARE planning to meet this Sunday and the upcoming Sundays. We are closely monitoring advice from the CDC and local government entities and will let you know if that plan changes.
Let me encourage you to be wise but to remain calm and trust that God is sovereign even over this pandemic. As we saw in Colossians Chapter 1 two weeks ago, Christ holds all things together. That means He is sovereign over all things big and small even the smallest molecule or germ. While Scripture calls us to trust and rest in the sovereignty of God over all things, it also calls us to be responsible and loving to those around us.
In light of that let me encourage you in a few ways:
- If you, or your children, are sick or showing signs or symptoms of illness (fever, cough, shortness of breath, vomiting, rash, diarrhea), please stay home. This applies to our Sunday Gathering and your Gospel Community. Remember you can join us online for the sermon on Sundays around 10:30.
- If you do have to stay home because you or someone in your family is sick, please let us know so we can be praying for you.
- We encourage you to greet one another with joy; however, please recognize that not everyone is comfortable at this time with handshakes or hugs.
For reassurance, here are steps we are taking as a church. These are things that were already in place, but we are giving particular attention to them during this season.
- A faithful member recently disinfected and cleaned all toys in every classroom.
- All ministry classrooms received a deep clean at this time as well (tables, chairs, foam mats etc.)
- Teachers wipe down tables with Lysol wipes weekly after ministry classes.
- Toys are disinfected weekly after ministry classes. We use Lysol wipes and Clean Smart Disinfectant Spray.
- “Icky Bin”-We have created an “icky bin” for toys that children place in their mouths while playing. Teachers put the dirty toys in the icky bin and the bin is cleaned weekly.
- We pay to have the entire facility including all surfaces thoroughly cleaned prior to each Sunday.
That’s all I have for you for now. Feel free to reach out with any questions. Please continue to pray for those affected and reach out to us if you are impacted by this virus.
I’m thankful for each of you,